- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi. The App requires Wi-Fi to connect to the Internet. The App also requires Bluetooth / Wi-Fi to connect to your Device. You can block the Bluetooth / Wi-Fi connection at any time through the settings of your mobile device.
- Camera. To scan the QR code to initiate the Device(s) pairing.
- Photo. To enable the photo sharing function, which allows you to make snapshots of indoor or outdoor air quality and share them through SMS/Wechat or other social channels.
- Calling. To allow you to call Philips Domestic Appliances customer support through the App.
- Coarse geo-graphic location and location.
- Device pairing. Android operating systems require coarse geo-graphic location to connect the App to the Device. iOS requires access to location data to recognize when the App and Device(s) are nearby. Philips Domestic Appliances does not process such data in any manner. The data is stored in your mobile device, where Philips Domestic Appliances does not have access to it. If you delete your profile or the App, this data will be deleted from your mobile device.
- Files. The App requires access to the mobile device's files to store the language configurations and other files that the App uses to operate (e.g. graphics, media files or other large program assets). If you delete the App, the data will be deleted from the mobile device.
Air Purifier Permissions.
- Weather and Air Quality information. When enabling this permission, the App shares your anonymized location data (city level) with a third party to provide you with a location map with air quality information in the Homepage of the App. This third party is AirMatters.
You can at any time block your App permissions through the settings of your mobile device. Please note that if you decide to block, you may not be able to use, in whole or in part, our Services.
With whom are Personal Data shared
Philips Domestic Appliances may disclose your personal data to third party service providers, business partners or other third parties in accordance with this Privacy Notice and/or applicable law.
We work with third-party service providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
We may share your personal data with the following service providers:
- IT and cloud providers
These service providers deliver the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, transactional services and/or related technology required to run the App or provide the Services.
- Analytics Service Providers.
These service providers deliver the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and/or related technology that we require to perform App analytics. See also the content in the "Cookies and Analytics Data" section above.
Philips Domestic Appliances requires its service providers to provide an adequate level of protection to your personal data similar to the level that we provide. We require our service providers to process your personal data only in accordance with our instructions and only for the specific purposes mentioned above, to have access to the minimum amount of data they need to deliver a specific service, and to protect the security of your personal data.
Other third parties
Philips Domestic Appliances may also work with third parties who process your personal data for their own purposes. Philips Domestic Appliances will ensure to obtain your consent in accordance with applicable laws before sharing your personal data. In this case, please read their privacy notices carefully as they inform about their privacy practices, including what type of personal data they collect and how they use, process and protect them.
Please note, concerning possible third-party advertising in the App we do not share your personal data with these partners. Even if you opt-in to receive marketing and if you allow all Cookies, we do not share your personal data with the advertising third party. What we do is to analyze the effectiveness of such partnership campaigns and inform our partners on the effectiveness (e.g., how many App users have clicked on the ad, how many App users have invoked the offer). The external reporting of this effectiveness study is happening on an aggregated basis only, which means that our partner – the third party – will not be able to redirect this information to any individual App user.
Philips Domestic Appliances sometimes sells a business or a part of a business to another company. Such a transfer of ownership could include the transfer of your personal data directly related to that business, to the purchasing company. All of our rights and obligations under our Privacy Notice are freely assignable by Philips Domestic Appliances to the new owner, in connection with a merger, acquisition, restructuring, or sale of assets, and we may transfer your personal data to a new owner. In the event of transfer of personal data, we will inform you of the name and contact information of new owner, who will continue to perform the obligations as stipulated in this Privacy Notice. If the new owner changes the purpose and method of personal data processing as stipulated in this Privacy Notice, it shall re-obtain your consent in accordance with applicable laws.
If your Device supports voice control, please select and read the relevant section for voice control data processing below. Please contact customer support through email@example.com if you don’t know which voice assistant is supported by your Device.
We support the Philips Air Skill in the Tmall Genie App. If you enable the skill, Philips Domestic Appliances allows you to connect your Tmall Genie account to your Philips Domestic Appliances account. When connecting your accounts, Philips Domestic Appliances and Tmall Genie independently adopt technical measures to validate your identity. Philips Domestic Appliances shares account identifiers but does not share your account credentials, including name or phone number, with Tmall Genie.
and Privacy Notice